Sunday, June 21, 2009

Is est meus abbas, ego diligo meus abbas.

3 post lucky eh? Lucky how? I'm very lucky.

And that is how i start this blog.

FATHERS.

They're people, yes. As a child, fathers are superman, they are demi-gods sitting upon their golden big boy seats eating the mountans of food, while you sit at the kiddies table eating your mashed potato/carrot surprise. They are the last word on everything. Like it or not, everyone needs a father figure.

But then you get older, and realise, at some point in you're life, they're just people. I'm not speaking from experience, luckily for me, i have the greatest parents ever. Oh you think yours are better? They aren't.

They are people, and they get angry, and sad, and they have points of view which differ from yours. Fathers are given the biggest responsibility there is, and sometimes that's too much for them, they leave.

Some people have problems with anger, it's just how they are. I can understand the people who beat their children. Some of them. They never learnt how to express their anger as children other than to hit something, maybe when they were growing up they were taught to fight whatever was the problem.

While I understand this, I don't condone it. They aren't bad people, they are just misguided people. They need help, not hate. The fact is no-one can know exactly how they feel, only them. A child is born, they are good, they don't like pain, they don't like sadness, it is their experiences with their father, their mother, their neighbourhood, friends. No-one is born bad.

That's just my opinion, my friend mocks me by saying I hate the world and I hate people. I don't, I love people, the world is beautiful, but it's fucked. It's all going down the drain and everyone is powerless.

Ok, that's pretty emo.

It's father's day, and everywhere I go I see people insulting their fathers and telling everyone how much they hate him. It isn't their fault, as children, their fathers were probably the same to them, that is the only fathering they know.

My father is great. He started a charity, sending computers to african schools to educate them. He is brilliant, and he gets angry easily, and he has trouble controlling it, and we fight alot, but he is just like me, and I love him.

Please world, fathers and sons, let's have a party. A sexy party. Oh gosh that's disgusting, nevermind.. Lets go to a stripclub. And get drunk, and do drugs. And have fun with your father on fathers day.

No comments:

Post a Comment