Saturday, June 20, 2009

Love, Lust, and Logic.

Hello again. I know, it's been a while. I didn't call. I get it. But listen. That time, where we had sex and I started crying halfway through and i pretended that my frenulum broke, when really it was just such an emotional time for me. Go ahead, google frenulum. You will enjoy it.

So i noticed 4 people have looked at this blog, way to help my self-confidence guys. Srsly.

Ok now, to blog. I know, do I have to? Yes. I do.

Logic vs. Emotion. Which do you decide? I pick emotion. I heart Emotion. Yes, it's a funny joke, i know. But seriously, the way i was raised, logic and common sense means fuck all when you're in love. I'm not going to focus on love though, however i might want to. I could write a thousand blogs about love. But thats a no, for now anyway.

As anyone who knows me knows, I love Spock. I love Zachary Quinto and I love Leonard Nimoy. So I loved the new Star Trek Movie. It also happens, as a kid, I used to love Star Trek, although i was more of a "Voyager" and "Enterprise" trekkie.

Getting back to the point, Logic. I don't particularily like logic. It's far too definite and emotionless in my opinion. I'm full of emotion, i experience things vividly. It's a gift and a flaw. What I do like is the ability to remain calm and to be detached from emotion. Honestly, Vulcans have it right, logically speaking. Emotion is needless, if everyone did everything logically, we would be incredibly better off, and we wouldnt have lonliness or anger or any negative emotions, and therefore lack of positive emotions wouldn't be a problem, because you dont know any different.

I constantly get angry with the world in general, for allowing such sadness to exist. I know, without sadness there is no happiness, but sadness to the extent of suicide? That's not right. Also, imagine your best friend, or one of your parents committed suicide, would you stand there and say, "Well, without sadness there is no happiness" or "Everyone goes through the same thing, some just handle it badly". You wouldn't. I deal with sadness and suicide being contemplated alot, and sometimes, i just feel like shouting "What the hell is wrong with the world? People shouldn't feel like this. Why do you do this??".

I am very religious, with that said i reject organised religion. Suicide is not a sin. God doesn't hate you for killing yourself. I understand why the catholic church would say this, and I see the effort. But it's a lie.

Anyway, the topic isn't suicide. The flaws of logic is the lack of happiness, it's the lack of love, it's the lack of empathy for others. Deaths would be seen logically, and as such, if someone had to die, to save lives, there would be no hesitation. The truth is, a world without emotion is impossible to imagine.

So, in short, you have to ask yourself, do you want to give up your life for mediocrity? I don't.

1 comment:

  1. nice blog ....now visit mine
    http://kashmiryouthforum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete